The convent of Sant'Antonio

Located at approximately 1 km west of the town is the Convent of Sant’Antonio. It dates back to 1260. The Convent was founded following a visit of Saint Francis of Assisi, who came to the region of Abruzzo at least three times, in 1215, 1220 (or 1222) and in 1225. It was definitively suppressed by order of Joseph Napoleon Bonaparte (brother of the more famous Napoleon) and subsequently by Gioacchino Murat, both Kings of Naples, and it was never re-opened. Thoughtlessly abandoned for 200 years, it has been recently partially restored by its present owner. However, it is still possible to admire its original external structure (even if partially modified) and some internal parts.